Sunday 21 December 2008

A Weekend

Fucked up my sleeping pattern again this weekend. After work on friday I went over to Anil's and it was the normal inspire-fest that can be expected.

Listened to a whole bunch of vinyl's which is always a great start. A great mix of which I noted down Bon Iver. Bon Iver is the guy who we listened to before and it really struck a chord with the mood and crisp air and everything. He locked himself away in a cabin to record the whole album (I think). It must have struck because of Anil's proud declaration of clearing out his little out house in the back garden for 'his space'. And an escape from his wife. Can't really remember quite what the song was but I think it's on the 'For Emma' album. I'll hazard a guess at this track: here.

Also noted Devon Sproule who has a gentle crisp voice which was refreshing.

After a few more vinyls of which I'd heard before or simply didn't resonate with, we stuck on 'What's up Doc?'. A comedy. It was great and fitted the mood well to have a humorous breath in of non-seriousness. The end line was great "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." but of course it wouldn't of made much sense without Anil telling me about 'Love Story' beforehand. Have to watch that sometime.

Then we watched The Night Hunter which was really really bizarre as I'd randomly come across Lillian Gish and included a picture of her in one of my personal works. Was a strange but welcome feeling to have that clawing thought of "I know that name" and then figure it out. It was a really old black and white thriller/horror which even to this day scares Anil shitless because of the remeberence of the first time he watched it; stoned.

Words I looked up: Persiflage.

Slept all Saturday subsequently, on and off until 2am Sunday morning where I woke, made my compulsory get better poached eggs on toast. Guzzled orange juice, milk then made a hot chocolate.

Watched 'Adaptation', after researching into Kaufman a bit more. Amazing 'Act III' line "You are what you love, not what loves you. I decided that a long time ago." Great film, just wish I hadn't of seen the ending before, whilst lazily watching TV with my dad.

Words I looked up: Deus ex machina. Protagonist (remembered the meaning but wasn't sure. Got it right though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment