Sunday 28 December 2008

Post Christmas

I've been away from the computer for christmas but it's been something of a nice reprieve.

Bustling train journeys to and from home meant that I got to finish my Richard Yates book 'Revolutionary Road'. I had to leave the other books by him I'd bought behind so no more from him for a while. It's a shame really as I really liked it. It's a 50's setting generally about the dissolution of marriage and family and how that picturesque perfect image of family times before that era slowly began to unwind. Powerful stuff. Oh and never buy a book for it's cover? Pfft. I don't adhere to that rule. Just look at how I got enticed to buy:




Shit! Upon just looking for a picture of the book cover to stick in here, I've found that it's been made into a movie. I hope they do it justice. The actors are nothing like what I imagined them so already that part is ruined in my mind. Grrr.

That brings me onto my next little thought before the scans and photo posts begin. I've been noting down little phrases and quotes I like purely for the sake of rememberance but I'm not thinking that it'd be nice to do some typographical posters on them. Just as a personal hobbie fun-time thing to do, I think it'll be good to turn these powerful word structures (that obviously resonate enought for me to want to remember them) into something nicer than a text message draft saved on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment