Sunday 28 December 2008

Original Famous Teacher's Brand: Proper Penmanship

Always great well thought out gifts from Kirsty & Adam, yet this one was slightly weird at just how good it was.




I'd been practicing calligraphy after a few finds via Flickr and loved the learning process and the actual hands-on need to acquiring the skill. No clicking or remembering shortcuts. You either know how to control your fingers and wrist or it just doesn't work. It's ten times more rewarding I find, to learn a 'real' skill rather than a process on a computer. So, when I got this christmas morning, after spending the previous few days reaming off practice page after practice page, I thought they'd been to the future or something.

The packaging is wonderful and I had to stop myself from opening it there and then, so I could take some photos properly. The kiss of the black type is gorgeous and a really really nice touch



Expect a post with some pictures of my calligraphy trials on Derrick soon.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a packaging designed by David Butler ... The man is a genius !
    x x x
    ___mathyld___

    ReplyDelete